There doesn’t seem to be a more popular style of kitchen than the ‘modern country’ style. It’s a look that works in both real country properties, modern townhouses and period conversions. It works for all price ranges too. From high-end style kitchens with bespoke fitted units and quality finishes, to a more diy version of the look with painted cabinets and less expensive options for worktops and flooring. Either way it always looks smart, elegant and timeless.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
Colosseum Distressed Oak Luxury Vinyl Tiles, Lifestyle Floors
Grey is a perfect neutral for this look, but looks it’s best when warmed up with warm wood flooring. The panelling is inspired and with matching paintwork brings the whole room together. A grey veined marble is the practical worktop choice, and classic light fittings and accessories finish the room perfectly. Bringing in a couple of industrial style things, like the bar stool and pendant light brings the room bang-up-to-date and can easily be changed when you fancy an update.
Get The Look
- Natural Carrara Marble Tiles, Walls and Floors.
- Fender Wall Light – Antique Black, Dowsing and Reynolds.
- Welles Bar Stool, Swoon Editions.
- Anna Solid Pine Display Cabinet in Concrete Grey by Woood, Cuckooland.
- Cup Handle – Antique Copper, Cox and Cox.
- Swooshes Concrete Grey Paint, Dulux.
- Le’Xpress Italian Style 12 Cup Espresso Maker, Kitchen Craft.
- Artificial Lavender in White Teapot Holder, Melody Maison.
- Quickstep Palazzo Latte Oak Wood Flooring, Carpetright.