This post is inspired by a couple of friend’s recent renovation of a barn in rural France. You know who you are! What’s more it’s all the kind of things you (they) can easily find while perusing the many Brocantes nearby. The furniture is simple country style with a metal bed and a wooden chest of drawers. It’s a guest bedroom so less is more. There’s no need for a bulky wardrobe – clothes can be hung from wall hooks and the only frills are the ones on the broiderie anglais bedlinen (I might advise new for that although I’ve seen some lovely antique linens in markets). Accessories are also kept to a minimum. A lamp for reading, a mirror, a rug by the side of the bed, and some decorative florals on artwork and a cushion.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Get the Look
- Grand Bouquet Vintage Flower Print, Hilary and Flo.
- Distressed Wooden Table Lamp with Rattan Shade, The Farthing.
- Elegant Metal Hooks, Cox and Cox.
- New York Small Double Bed in Black, Cuckooland.
- Small Ornate Wall Mirror, Melody Maison.
- White Bedlinen, Christy.
- Patterned Oval Jute Rug, The Find Store.
- Vintage English Chest of Drawers, The Old Cinema.
- A Still Life of Flowers in a Wan-Li Vase Cushion, The National Gallery.