A little bit country, a little bit retro, this sweet cottage bedroom seems to evoke a sense of nostalgia. With its pretty ditsy wallpaper, cane bedhead, and traditional style accessories, it’s the kind of room that you can imagine evolving over several years. And maybe even a couple of generations. It’s cosy, welcoming, and defies trends. But it’s surprisingly difficult to put together a room of this kind without it looking frumpy and old fashioned. The trick is to make sure you put in a few contemporary elements along with the antiques. The wallpaper may look as if it’s been hanging for years but it’s a new design. The bedding is plump and silky, and the cane elements are as trendy today as they were in the thirties and again in the seventies.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
Image: Poochi Bichon Creme Wallpaper, £150, Divine Savages.
Get The Look
- Transylvanian Roots Complementary Backyard Flowering Wallpaper, £135, Mind the Gap.
- Sagres Pendant Lamp Shade, Natural Cane and Black, £49, Made.com.
- Tamara Single Wall Light Antique Brass Ribbed Glass, £51, Dar Lighting Group.
- Margot Bed, £1045, Loaf.
- Beam 2 Drawer Reclaimed Wood Bedside Table, £310, Modish Living.
- Roo Neutrals Brown Slim Single Switch, £79, Swtch.
- Mulberry Silk Bed Linen by Gingerlily in Vintage Pink, The French Bedroom Company.
- Cabinet of Curiosities Enica Amera Framed Print, £30, Athena.
- Dutchbone Bid Antique Style Persian Rug, £289, Cuckooland.