Isn’t there something just so comforting about a traditionally styled bedroom? It’s cosy, yet elegant. Refined yet relaxed. And it’s exactly the kind of English style that has us all dreaming of country house hotels, or period townhouse getaways at this time of year. Oh, to escape to somewhere like that right now! Breakfast in bed, and dressing for dinner, both spring to mind!! But I digress. This kind of style is definitely not minimalistic. It hinges on layers of pattern, colour and texture. All brought together as if the room has evolved over a generation or two, or even three. But you can recreate that illusion with a mixture of traditonal styles and then the addition of the odd contemporary piece so that it doesn’t look stuck in a time warp. Nothing should match too much. But with a little skill and the magic of a good moodboard, it will all pull together beautifully.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
John Lewis & Partners Silhouette King Bed, Saga Mustard, £599 / Show Wood Bedside Cabinet, Nougat, £299 / Ikat Cushion, Saffron, £18 / Arrayan Viridian Pleated Lampshade, 35cm, £35 / Robyn Bottle Glass Lamp Base, 36cm, £95 / Velvet Pouffe, Mustard, £65 / Pagoda Wallpaper, Blue, £40 / Wool Throw Rosa, £75.
Get The Look
- Indigo Addiction Kyoto Wallpaper, £195, Mind the Gap.
- Mustard Yellow Geometric Cotton Knitted Cushion Cover, £10.99, Homescapes Online.
- Lauren Classic Navy Blue Bed Quilt, £110, Ragged Rose.
- Hand Painted Silk Panel, £495, Shimu.
- Marie Headboard, £545, Loaf.
- Small Flemish Curved Arm Wall Light, £298, Besselink & Jones.
- Lali Bedside Table, £279, Made.com.
- Nobodinoz Sunny Round Cushion, £22.95, Bobby Rabbit.
- Milano White Cotton Fine Waffle Luxury Bed Linen, £25, The Fine Cotton Company.