What could be more welcoming as the nights draw in, than a cosy rustic bedroom? There’s something about being enveloped in wood that creates such a warm feeling. And fantasies for me of hunkering down in a country cabin, while the wind blows outside and white, powdery snow falls. As long as the fridge is full, and I have Netflix, I’d happily stay there all winter long. But while covering the walls with wood (real or faux) can be very effective, it needs the softening power of filmy white curtains, real sheepskin rugs and soft linen to sink into on the bed. I’d also be inclined to add just a touch or two of glamour to contrast with all that texture. A gold lamp, a touch of gold on the ubiquitous animal skull, or a piece of subtle lace on a pillow is probably all you need.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
Chamonix Reclaimed Platform Bed from Wearth London.
Get The Look
Where to Buy
- Mahogany Wood Plank Wallpaper, Arthouse.
- Beaded Decorative Gold Buffalo Skull, Hilary and Flo.
- Pair of White Cotton Curtains, Habitat.
- Hoxton Wooden Bed by Julian Bowen, Cuckooland.
- Large Linen Cushion, The French Bedroom Co.
- Ostrich Feather Table Lamp in White, Kissed by Betty.
- Luxury Cotton Waffle Bedspreads, Soak and Sleep.
- Large Cream Sheepskin Rug, Habitat.
- Bedside Table, Mango Wood, Swoon Editions.