If you can’t choose a romantic theme for a bedroom, I’m not sure where you can. It’s a private space where you only have yourself to please after all. And if that means a decadent, deco inspired boudoir in shades of pink and white, so be it. Just imagine sultry summer nights with a light breeze wafting those gauzy curtains. Long lazy weekend mornings with breakfast in bed and the sun streaming in. Padding around barefoot while painting your nails and getting ready for a night out. And then the cosy nights with candlight reflecting off the crystal chandelier.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
The Ariel Upholstered Bed from Sweetpea and Willow
And while this beautiful room might be blessed with stunning bones, there are always tricks to fool the eye. And you know I’m all for faking it until you make it. If you don’t have floor to ceiling windows to do justice to metres of filmy curtains, there’s a pretty convincing wallpaper below that will give the effect anyway. And if you don’t have those impressive art deco doors, there’s always a screen to add the same amount of detail. Just take a few ingredients, keep to a colour scheme, and then let your own taste take it away.
Get the Look
- Engblad & Co Front Wallpaper Drapery, Cloudberry Living.
- Raphael 5 Light Chandelier in Champagne Crystal, Dar Lighting Group.
- Green Kentia Palm, Hilary and Flo.
- Adelaide Divan Bed, Living It Up.
- Botanica Maximus White Floral Velvet Cushion, The French Bedroom Co. and Porto Pink Vintique Cushion, Antisanti.
- Marie Footstool in Blossom Pink, Cult Living.
- Natural Rattan Peacock Chair, Choice Furniture Superstore.
- Tekari Cream Rug, Made.com.
- Isabelle Mirrored Screen, Sweetpea and Willow.