I wrote about millennium pink earlier this week and how it makes a perfect boho-chic combo when paired with black and white and lots of natural materials. Boho-chic is a relaxed interiors look that allows us to combine textiles, furniture and accessories not just from different sources, but from different continents. Think hippy traveller. There are no rules, just keep it casual. Throws over sofas, mountains of cushions, wall hangings, plants, carvings, holiday souvenirs, all thrown together. But there is a danger that this haphazard method of decorating can look messy and confusing to the eye. Which is why restricting the colour palette is such a good idea.
A Pink Boho-Chic Bedroom
This bedroom, with it’s pink plaster effect walls, pink bedding, and monochrome accessories perfectly illustrates my point. It may look casually put together but a lot of thought has gone into the balance of colours. Any more pink and it would have tipped over to sugary sweet, but the addition of black and white and the patterned items prevents this from happening. Of course, no boho interior would be complete without some basketware and some plants, and the tassels on the blanket, rug and pillows are a lovely homespun touch.
Get The Look
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
- Patchwork Recycled Cotton Throw, Cult Furniture.
- Bloomingville Rattan Pendant Lamp, Viva Lagoon.
- Powder Pink, Dulux.
- Bloomingville Rattan Headboard, Connox.
- Fora Tufted Cushion, Cox and Cox.
- Artificial Eucalyptus Stem, The Contemporary Home and Pale Pink Organic Cotton Duvet Set, Square Flower .
- Nula Cushion, Cox and Cox.
- Frida Rattan Side Table, Amara.
- Day Birger Et Mikkelsen – Beni Q2 Carpet, Amara.