You may think it’s too early to be thinking about Autumn, but nights are already drawing in and it will be here before you know it. That doesn’t mean that you have to move inside just yet of course. After all the work you’ve put into the garden this year to turn it into your ideal staycation, you’ll want to extend the evening drinks and al fresco meals just a little bit longer. And that means making your outside space as comfortable as your living room with heat and light.
For now, you may just need a few blankets to ward off August evening chills. A pile of inviting cushions will keep everyone comfy and a rug under the feet will ensure that toes are cosy too. But as Autumn approaches, a firepit and plenty of lanterns (hanging or floorstanding) will not only look inviting but will keep you outside well into the night.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Deep Bowl Fire Pit On Stand, £165 from Ella James.
- Elevated Halo 36″ Fire Table, £POA from Solus Decor.
- Small Firepit, £59.99 from MY Furniture.
- Laser Cut Firebowl, £189.99 from Ludlow Stoves.
- Lyneham Fire Pit, £180 from Garden Trading.
- Le Feu Ground Steel Bio Ethanol Fireplace in Black, £1,499 from Cuckooland.
- Marseille Outdoor Chiminea Fireplace, £399.99 from Lime Lace.
- La Hacienda Albion Firepit, £39.99 from Dobbies Garden Centres.
A Selection of Garden Lights from Lights 4 Fun.
- Metal Lantern Holder with Gold Handle, £21 from Cult Living.
- Filigree Pear Lantern, £55 from Ella James.
- Brushed Metal Bell Lantern, £36 from Gisela Graham.
- Seagrass Lantern, £25 from Dobbies Garden Centres.
- Gothenburg Bamboo Lantern, £99 from Rose and Grey.
- Miners Lantern, £18 from Garden Trading.
- Handmade Lantern Made of Rattan and Glass, £83.75 from The Norfolk Bay Company.
- Glass Lantern with Faux Leather Handle, £18 from Cult Furniture.
- Rope and Wire Large Lantern, £27 from Gisela Graham.
A Selection of Lene Bjerre Tabitha Cushions, £75 each from Sweetpea and Willow.