For anyone who thinks contemporary design is all about hard edges and straight lines, think again. The secret to a successful and warm contemporary scheme is to throw a few shapes. In the shape of curves of course. Nothing knocks off the hard edges like a few circles on repeat. Don’t limit yourself to just a circular table either. Look for curves in patterns, on pottery, overlapping rugs, and accessories. And then thow in a squidgy sofa, some velvet and some wispy pampas grass. Job done. You have a contemporary sitting room that looks inviting and comfortable. What other kind is there?
Take a Look
Image: Isaac 3 seat sofa in Alabaster brushed linen cotton, £1640, Sofa.com. (affiliate link)
Get The Look
Where to Shop
- Sunkai Wood and Cane Screen, £367, Cielshop.
- Bamboo Bowl Pendant Shade, £29.99, Wayfair.
- Classic Scatter Cushion In Burnt Yellow Vintage Velvet, £55, Loaf.
- Silver Grey Velvet Cushion, £40, Luxe 39.
- Dried Fluffy Reed Grass, £22, Hudson Home.
- Galloway Sofa in Hard Wearing Velvet, £1897.35, Darlings of Chelsea. (affiliate link).
- Claes Nesting Coffee Table, £255, Cult Furniture.
- Daria Vases, £315, Arteriors.
- Grooved Bud Vases, £18, Home Luxe Co.
- Aria Round Rug, £519, Audenza.