No, we can’t all live in achingly cool Parisian apartments. High ceilings, ornate plasterwork, tall windows and acres of polished floors may be quite beyond our grasp. But that doesn’t mean you can’t fake it ’til you make it. Create an illusion of space with pristine white walls, ceiling, and woodwork for starters. Invest in a wooden parquet floor, and install a fancy fire surround. Even if you don’t have a fire. This is an illusion after all. Choose furnitue that makes a statement and let it stand out. Add a few gilded items. Be it a framed mirror or a chandelier. Before you know it you’ll have that indefinable, elusive quality – je ne sais quoi.
Take a Look
Image: Cranling Floor Lamp, £322, with Pink Velvet Cone Shade Brass Cap from Pooky.
Get The Look
- Faux Kentia Palm Tree, £95 from Sweetpea and Willow.
- Modena Velvet Pouffe, £199.99 from Bazaar Group.
- Ceiling Rose, £48.66 from Mano Mano.
- Mercury Sideboard, £899 from Atkin and Thyme.
- Regency Green Velvet Cushion, £25 from (affiliate link) Habitat.
- Aged Ivory Carved Fire Surround, £601.34 from House of Isabella.
- Palm Tree Monkey Lamp, £115 from Beaumonde.
- Scalloped Oyster Velvet Chair, £375 from Audenza.
- Mirage Marble Grey Rug, £63.99 from Carpetright and Goodrich Espresso Oak Engineered Wood Flooring, £92 psm from Woodpecker Flooring.