Most of us know how to work with neutrals in our homes. It’s easy. Just stick to a limited colour palette, turn the volume up a little bit on texture, and hopefully everything will work beautifully together. And it will. But how do you add a bit more elegance? A bit more interest and style? That’s easy too. Choose furniture that has more than a hint of French style. The beautiful shutters in the image below might be a bit harder to source than most things. I know, I’ve just tried. But you can get the same look and feel with an imposing armoire with distressed door detailing. Use it to hide the telly? Select a sofa with a buttoned back, gracious legs and one that makes you sit up more. No slouching in this room. And add lovely curves in the other pieces of furniture, a plush rug and a crystal chandelier. Job done.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
Humphrey Three Seat Sofa In Pumice Basket Weave, £1564, Sofa.com.
Get the Look
- Chateauneuf Rustic 2-Door French Armoire, £1195, The French Bedroom Co.
- Raphael 5 Light Chandelier Champagne Crystal, £300, Dar Lighting Group.
- Noah Candlestick, £32, Pooky.
- Young Bean Sofa in Thatch House Fabric, £1745, Loaf.
- Auelva Table Lamp, £114, Dar Lighting Group.
- Marie Antoinette Cream Coffee Table On Wheels, £195, The Grey Works.
- Natural Collection Herringbone Throw, £63.95, Annabel James.
- Lene Bjerre Tabitha Cushion (back), £75, Sweetpea & Willow. Broadway Cushion (front), £70, Tori Murphy.
- Dutchbone Jafar Rug with Diamond Pattern, £399, Cuckooland.