Everyone knows that first impressions count. And I’m pretty sure if you were faced with a front door this glossy and this colour, you’d be expecting grand things from the interior. And it doesn’t disappoint. It’s so glamorous! Mainly thanks to that magnificent staircase, door mouldings and ceiling rose. But also because of the interior finishes used. A shiny marble floor is always up there in the glamour stakes. What’s more it doesn’t need to cost the earth anymore, because there are some very convincing flooring tiles available now. I also like the judicious use of palm print wallpaper below the dado rail only, which means it doesn’t darken and overwhelm the space. What it does do is provide a lovely punctuation mark between the light reflecting floor and the pale cream walls. Other glamorous touches are the gold lanterns, mirror, and door knocker. All finished off with some glorious hot-house plants.
Take a Look
Image: Cappella Gold Gloss 60×60 Marble Effect Tiles, £17.95 psm, Walls and Floors.
Get The Look
- Tropical Palms Wallpaper – Mini Me – Eijffinger, £42.95, Lime Lace.
- Round Metal Branch Mirror – Gold Leaf Effect, £149 (was £300), Casa Chic Boutique.
- Katsura Console Table – Bleached White, £395, Oka UK.
- Bergspalm Artificial Indoor Plant, £39.99, Dowsing & Reynolds.
- Homefield 240 Coastal Pendant Light in Natural Brass, Astro Lighting.
- GoodHome Milltown Paint, B&Q.
- Gothic Door Knocker Brass, £59, Period Features.
- White Rose Arrangement, £225, Sweetpea & Willow.
- White Carrara Marble Effect Ceramic Floor Tiles, £12.95 psm, Walls and Floors.