What I wouldn’t give to have a room with soaring ceilings, full height French windows (with shutters!) and ornate plasterwork. Decorating a room like that would be a breeze. I’d let the original details sing out and show such restraint with the furnishings. They’d be no need for anything to shout out loud, because you wouldn’t want to detract from such a natural beauty. But you can still create an elegant sitting room without the period details with a careful choice of colours and selection of furniture. The secret is to choose everything to sit quietly in the space. No jarring of accent colours, just a calm collection of neutrals, texture and detail.
This post does contain *affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
Gastard Sofa Or Sofa Bed In Cotton Sea Mist, from £925, Willow & Hall.
Get The Look
- Alexis Droplet Chandelier, Sweetpea and Willow.
- Vases from a selection at Debenhams.
- Belgravia Grey Velvet Button Upholstered Long Ottoman, *Artisanti.
- Wolseley 3 Seater Sofa in Arran Spring Grey, *Made.com.
- Cushions from a selection at *John Lewis.
- Tyler Side Table, *Habitat.
- Brondby Tripod Floor Lamp Brushed Steel with Mikado Natural Shade, Cotterell & Co.
- Zuiver Distressed Miller Rug in Grey, *Cuckooland.
- Selway Filigree Metal Display Tray, *Artisanti.