A fusion of Eastern and Western design, Chinoiserie has been bringing exoticism and luxury to interiors since the 18th Century. Characterised by oriental scenes and stylised flower and bird motifs, this is certainly a trend that is still as popular as ever. Especially if you are craving some elegance and traditional charm. And what better place to act out our fantasies than the bathroom?
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
Image Credit: Annie Sloan paint with The RHS Decoupage Paper Songbirds.
Get a Similar Look
Shop The Look
- Lick Paint, Peel and Stick Sample, Blue 03, £1, Made.com.
- Hanno 100% Organic Cotton Set of 2 Bath Sheets, £39, Made.com.
- Milano Elizabeth Traditional Crosshead Basin Pillar Taps in Brushed Gold, £69.99, Big Bathroom Shop.
- Decorative Bee Wall Hook, £7.50, Mint & May.
- Bronte Bird & Tree Wallpaper, £95, Bobbi Beck.
- Matthew Williamson English Garden Double Wall Light, £79, with 16cm Empire Shades In Yellow Tulasi, £27 Each, Pooky.
- Milano Richmond Traditional Basin And Washstand in Brushed Gold, £329.99, Big Bathroom Shop.
- Woodland Walks Hand Wash, £8.50, Sophie Allport.
- Victoria Black & White Mosaic Tiles, £46.65, Tile Mountain.
- Delphine Distressed Shabby Chic Mirror, £395, The French Bedroom Co.
- Single Soap Dispenser in Gold, £129, Burlington Bathrooms.
- 100g Cube Soap-Olive, £2.95, Live, Laugh, Love.