Even when we’re starting from scratch with our home renovations, it’s nice to mix in a few pre-loved things too. Whether it’s something you’ve had for years, a family hand-me-down, or something you picked up at the local flea market, a mix of old and new is what elevates a room scheme from blah to beautiful. Even in a bathroom, where you may be tempted to buy from one store, try to incorporate a few personal things or even upcycle something from a previous incarnation. A case in point is the vanity unit. It’s much more interesting to adapt an old chest of drawers for the countertop basin. Or use a beautiful glazed wall cabinet for holding toilettries, instead of a new purpose built one.
And mixing styles can also result in a room that is much more interesting. This beautiful eclectic bathroom manages to mix a bang-on-trend minimalist shower enclosure, with geometric tiles, dark brown wood, and an old retro mirror. It’s a room where the eye cannot help but travel around, while the punchy pink towel and orchids add extra glamour.
Take a Look
Image: Alexa Hex Tiles from Tile Giant.
Get The Look
Shop The Look
- Stirrup 3 Wall Light, Original BTC.
- Large Vintage Landscape Mirror, Rose & Grey.
- Copper Wall Mounted Basin Taps, UKBathrooms.com
- Saneux Icon 600mm Sit On Washbasin, UKBathrooms.com
- Detroit Solid Hardwood and Metal Chest of Drawers, Oak Furnitureland.
- Coast (Pink) Quick Drying Hammam Towel, Lorima.
- Pink Orchid Plant in Pot, Sweetpea & Willow.
- Palm Springs Grey Porcelain Tiles, Porcelain Superstore.
- Chepstow Distressed Charcoal Oak Engineered Wood Flooring, Woodpecker Flooring / Grey Stoneware Soap Dispenser and Tumbler Set, Beaumonde.