Inspiration and escapism in spades today. If you are planning a bathroom refresh over the summer, why stick to practical and predictable? Especially when you can have a space as colourful and atmospheric as a teal bathroom with a taste of the kasbah! If I’ve only inspired you today to take a paintbrush to those plain white walls, I’ve done my job. But take it further with a few Moroccan inspired accessories and you’ll have a bathroom you’ll want to linger in.
Take a Look
Handwoven Tasselled Bath Mat, So Souk.
A classic black and white floor will set the scene for a vibrant wall colour and a striking claw-footed tub. Traditional brassware and a wall-hung cistern evoke nostalgia for old films and holidays in Marrakesh. Contemporary fittings just wouldn’t have the same effect. But glamour is allowed too. Invest in a gilded mirror, bejewelled lanterns and sumptious fluffy white towels. The idea is not to slavishly copy Moroccan style but to give a few hints to it. Have fun and look for vintage alternatives you won’t find in a bathroom showroom. Then pour something scented into the steaming water, slip out of your leather slippers, and wallow and indulge.
Turquoise Sprig Handblocked Quilted Cosmetic Bag, So Souk.
Get The Look
- Large Oak Leaf Gold Gilt Mirror, The French Bedroom Co.
- Eichholtz Monticello Chandelier, Sweetpea and Willow.
- Achilles Teal Mix Fish Scale Tiles, (affiliate link) Walls and Floors.
- Pointed Babouche Slippers, Bohemia Design.
- Oxidised Copper Bath, Indigenous.
- Monogrammed Leighton Bath Towels, Initially London.
- White Bathroom Vanity Unit, Melody Maison.
- Heritage Colours Squares, Harvey Maria.
- Totally Teal, Matt Emulsion, (affiliate link) Dulux.