Some of the most interesting decorating schemes are the ones that combine a mixture of two opposites. And that couldn’t be more true than the current rustic-luxe trend. Chunky beams, low ceilings and dark wood floors, can look sensational juxtaposed with plush velvet, silky rugs and elegant potted orchids. Add a wicker log basket, antique chest, plump cushions and contemporary art, and you have a room that will be warm and welcoming but still sophistcated and refined.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
Image: Darlings of Chelsea Velvet Sofa.
Get The Look
Where to Buy
- Randle Grey Cement Table Lamp With Black Reni Shade, £70, Iconic Lights.
- Faux Fern Indoor Plant, £44.99, Dowsing and Reynolds.
- Shagreen Boxes – Set of 3, £145, Sweetpea & Willow.
- Black And White Abstract Lines Art Print, from £3, Abstract House.
- Josie Velvet Sofa, £1850, Jo&Co Home.
- Ariana Chest Coffee Table, £703, Sweetpea & Willow.
- Soft Fur Skin Dalmatian Pattern Animal Cushion, £38.99, Yorkshire Fabric Shop.
- Phalaenopsis Orchid in Planter White, £119, Fishpools.
- Velvet Cushion, Black and White Stripes, £55, Mink Interiors.
- Grey Wash Square Rattan Basket, £35, Marquis & Dawe.
- Costellini Velvet Ottoman, £250, Oka.
- Merkoya Luxury Viscose Rug, £349, Made.com.