For many of us Lockdown has changed the way we shop. Spending several months at home taught us that we don’t need to shop as often for starters. What’s the point of buying new clothes when you don’t have anywhere to go? We learned to shop from our own wardrobes. And while browsing the racks of clothes it dawned on us that we hardly wear a large percent of this stuff. Why buy more? And at the same time our awareness of the harm we’re doing to our own planet starts to sink in. It’s been happening anyway, but a pandemic has cemented our resolve to buy less and buy better. And the same goes for what we put in our homes. I’m speaking personally of course, but I don’t think I’m alone. So when I chance upon a small independent company that offers vegan home decor products that are high-quality, long-lasting and environmentally friendly, I’ll naturally share.
Introducting Firera Home
Originally established in Estonia in 2016, Firera Home is a small family business. The name Firera was created as a name to reflect the company’s values and intentions. Fair + era. Their ethos is for a fair world, for the planet, the people, and the animals. For now and for future generations. And their aim is to offer sustainable, environmentally friendly, ethical and cruelty-free products, to help people live more intentionally.
All of Firera’s products are inspired by the stunning Estonian countryside surrounding the family farmhouse and the family’s love for natural, sustainable, and slow living. They use only pure linen fabric to ensure that all of their products are high quality and long-lasting. Needless to say, everything on their website is gorgeous. Each piece will help to bring beauty and harmony into the home and our lives while being environmentally friendly.
In addition, in the last year, fuelled by their passion and deeper understanding of sustainability and ethical living, they have developed and introduced beautiful, stylish, natural zero-waste items to the growing product list. They have also begun collaborating with other talented makers to showcase further sustainable materials and products in their store in Ambleside, Cumbria.
The Conscious Home Concept by Firera Home
- For us, creating a conscious home means a balance between beauty, design, practicality, and sustainability.
- Our perfect home is a sanctuary from the stresses of modern-day life.
- A place of calm, somewhere to unwind, relax, slow down, and feel truly comfortable.
- A space mindfully created from natural, yet cruelty-free materials, free from synthetics and pollutants.
- We believe in using a blend of simple, soft tones, textures, and eco-friendly materials, in a way that mimics nature, and will help you stay connected with mother earth. It can also create a welcoming and peaceful atmosphere with a feeling of serenity, even in the busiest of homes.
- We hope, that through our considered range of products we can help you build this healthy, happy and harmonious home.
Fiera Home, Unit B, 101 Lake Road, Ambleside, LA22 0DB and online.