After my recent post on the perfect dressing table, I got to thinking about all my readers who might not have the room or the budget to splurge on what after all, is a bit of an extravagance. And because I’m a big advocate of using what you already have, or what you can afford, I’m now going to tell you that you don’t NEED a dressing table. That’s not to say that you shouldn’t have a make-up and primping station at all. Just that you don’t necessarily need to buy a purpose-made piece of furniture.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
A wall hung mirror above a console table makes a perfect dressing table set up. Lexington Diamond Mirror £195. Biba Snake Candle Stick £40. Biba Deco Jewellery Box £25. Biba Cactus Ornament £22. Linea Geometric 5”x7” Frame £12. All House of Fraser.
Adapt and Re-Purpose
In fact all you need is a surface on which to put the things you need every day in order to put your best face forward. It could be a chest of drawers, a console table, or even a wall hanging shelf. A lot of us don’t have the luxury of time in the mornings anyway, so getting ready is unlikely to be a comfortable sit down affair. But the one thing that any of these pieces of furniture will need is a good mirror. It might be proper dressing table mirror that will sit on top of the piece of furniture you have chosen, or it might be wall-hung choice. And there are plenty of choices out there.
Choose a wall mirror with a handy compartment and you’ll have even more practical places to store your goodies. Retro Round Wall Mirror from Zuiver, £79 from Cuckooland.
Dressing Table Mirrors
- RV Astley Vanessa Triple Mirror, £139, Houseology.
- Webber Mirror, £45, JD Williams Home.
- Marble Dressing Table Mirror, £125, Oliver Bonas.
- Eastern Palace Pink Trim Dressing Table Mirror, £74.99, Very.
- Mid Century Wooden Mirror, Sainsburys Home.
- Three Way Dressing Table Mirror, £195, Oliver Bonas.
- MW Matthew Williamson Mirror, £40, Debenhams.
- Marble Mirror, £12, Wilko.
Wall Hung Mirrors for Make-Up Stations
- Petite Friture Panache Wall Mirror with Tassels – Small, £202, Amara.
- Unity Cane Mirror, £145, Oliver Bonas.
- Hay Ruban Square Mirror, £49, Nest.
- Tropical Leaves Mirror, £129.99, Very.
- Small Versallis Bevelled Mirror, £9.95, Rex London.
- Round Hanging Mirror, £24.99, Homesense.
- Voyager Mirror, £45, Dunelm.
- Santiago Mirror Grey, £39, JD Williams Home.