Most of us at some time in the past or indeed in the future will have to live with a kitchen that is yet to be decorated. Maybe you have just moved in, are renting temporarily, or are just saving up the pennies to realise your dream space. We’ve all been there, and I sympathise if you are going through it at the minute. Lack of storage, crumbling walls, bad plumbing, and no work surfaces are enough to drive anyone to distraction. But there are some tricks to make the wait a bit easier, and with a few purchases that will work long term, there’s no reason why that undecorated kitchen can’t be a warm and welcoming space too.
This post does contain affiliate links*. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
Quickstep Palazzo Lime Oak Wood Flooring, Carpetright.
- Paint an old cupboard a bright colour and use it as a larder. If you don’t already have something suitable, you could probably pick one up second hand. Later, you can either keep it in the kitchen or use it in another room in the house.
- String up some bulbs to generate more light to work with and dine by. They won’t need wiring in, and with a few hooks you can hang them where you need them the most.
- Invest in some simple stools while you decide what you are going to use for dining eventually. Stools are always handy for extra seating later, bedside tables or even in the bathroom for keeping toiletries handy.
- Hang some shelves over the sink for extra storage and for displaying a few decorative pieces. Never underestimate the power of a bit of styling for lifting the mood.
- Use hooks for hanging pans when storage is in short supply.
- Decant dry goods into nice jars. They will look better if they have to be out on display.
- Keep some potted herbs handy. They will not only be useful but a bit of green will always make a room look more lived in.
Get The Look
- Festoon Squirrel Lights with 10 Bulbs, Garden Trading.
- Rustic Ginger Jar, Hudson Home.
- Green Larder Storage Cupbpard, Scaramanga.
- The Amelie Plate Rack, Kinfolk Decor.
- Long Rustic Wooden Tray, Melody Maison.
- Souk Green Patchwork Hexagon Tiles, Tons of Tiles.
- Set of 4 Potted Herbs In Wood Tray, *The Range.
- Bumble stools in Smoked Oak, Loaf.
- Rustic Oak Wood Effect Tiles, *Walls and Floors.