There’s no denying that this sitting room has ‘good bones’. A stunning flint wall, a flagstone floor, and a predominantly neutral colour palette will always set the scene for a tasteful decorating scheme. Without lot’s of extra texture however, this can sometimes result in a room that can look kind of flat. So I wholeheartedly approve of the choice of luxuriously buttoned seating, a slubby rug underfoot, and that wall of books. Books will always make a room look inviting! But what this room illustrates above all else, is how easy it is to ring the changes with just a few swaps of accessories.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
Modular Wall Storage via The Dormy House.
Pastel shades will always speak to me of summer. The lovely pink and pale green cushions (and lampshade) are subtle echoes of the books on the shelves. Which by the way have been colour coded. Not in a slavish way but in a more casual formation. Add to these a vase of seasonal flowers, and you have a summer sitting room that looks elegant and timeless. And then just think how easy it would be to change the pastel shades for some of the other colours in the book collection. Emerald green, or deep red in winter perhaps? Maybe even black? You could then add some pots of healthy evergreens and the look will change completely. And such small changes too!
Get The Look
- Books Wallpaper by Karlie Klum, Lime Lace.
- Pink Clover Cushion Cover, Kitty Holmes.
- Silver Tealight Holders, Sophie Allput.
- Side Table, Industrial style in Natural Mango Wood, Swoon Editions.
- Delamere Loveseat, Darlings of Chelsea.
- Ramona Buttoned Storage Ottoman, Decoville.
- Pink Artificial Roses in White Pot, Homescapes Online.
- Gabby Jute Handwoven Flatweave Rug, Habitat.
- Andra Antiqued Steel Limestone Tiles, Walls and Floors.