Simplicity is sometimes the key to a stunning room. Choose furniture that makes an impact, and accessories that stand out. That way you don’t need too many things. Each item in this striking room has been carefully chosen to make a statement. And then there’s the colour scheme. Black and white will always look sophisticated. It’s crisp and certain lines, are graphic and measured. But it can sometimes look too stark and maybe a little cold. But add an accent in a strong, jewel-like tone and you take it to another level. Here, it’s emerald green. But it could be red. Or purple. Or sapphire blue. And check out the grey painted ceiling too. It has the effect of anchoring everything into place. Without it everything would look as though it was floating in air. And that’s not a good feeling even if you’re dreaming and your head is in the clouds.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
The Hedonist Black 4-Poster Bed from The French Bedroom Company.
Get the Look
- Monument Grey and Pearl Grey Paint, both from Dulux.
- Green Palm Branch, 70cm, Gisela Graham London.
- Creative Hanging Lamp by BePureHome, Cuckooland.
- Knightsbridge Black Velvet Four Poster Bed, Decoville.
- Lord Moose Cushion, Mint & May
- Emerald Green Velvet Cushion, Luxe 39.
- Black Panther Side Table with Glass Top, Artisanti.
- Soft & Cool Easycare Bed Linen, Soak & Sleep.
- Peggy Grey And Green Cotton Knitted Throw, Habitat.