At first glance this striking bedroom may look traditional in style. That fabulous headboard is reminiscent of English Country House style after all. Even though the fabric is anything but twee. But on closer inspection you’ll notice modern touches, not least in the bold colour choices of forest green and teal. And as your eye travels over the luxurious velvets, boldly patterned headboard, crisp sheets and that enveloping green wall colour, you’ll realise this is traditional but not as you’d know it. So, if you’re feeling brave and would like to throw caution to the wind with colour yourself, remember to add a touch of neutral too. Just to cool it down a tad. You can have too much of a good thing.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
Samson Headboard Linwood Kami Velvet in Seagreen, £749, The Headboard Workshop.
Get the Look
- Buckingham Green from Dulux.
- Lolita Table Lamp In Emerald With 30cm Straight Empire Shade In Blue Sesia, £143, Pooky.
- Ticking Linen Bedding, £159, Chalk Pink Linen Company.
- Verne Two-drawer Bedside Table Natural Mango Wood & Brass, £189, Swoon Editions.
- Samson Headboard Linwood Kami Velvet in Seagreen, £749, The Headboard Workshop.
- Pink Artificial Hydrangeas In Pot, £5.99, Homescapes Online.
- Lauren Teal Velvet Blanket, £110, Ragged Rose.
- Top: Regency Green Velvet Cushion, £36 Habitat. Middle: Caspian Velvet Boudoir Cushion by Emma J Shipley, £60, The French Bedroom Company. Bottom: Zambezi Elephant Teal Boudoir Cushion by Emma J Shipley, £60, The French Bedroom Company.
- Beige Frills Rug, £385, Rose and Grey.