A sleek contemporary styled bathroom is not for everyone. Especially if you live in a period house with lovely original details. And I’ll let you into a secret. It’s one of my pet hates when I see a completely new bathroom with wall-to-wall tiles and modern fittings shoe-horned into an Edwardian or Victorian house. Why would you? I always think it’s much better to work with a house when it comes to design, and at least give a nod to it’s history, without compromising on practicalities of course. So this pretty vintage inspired bathroom is a beautiful example of how to celebrate the past and at the same time create a sanctuary that works for modern day living. And the best thing of all? Searching out all of those crucial details in antiques shops and on second hand sites is great fun, and will help to save the planet too.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
Stone Effect Vinyl Flooring via Harvey Maria.
Get The Look
- Metal Bathroom Door Plaque, Melody Maison.
- Norton Basket, Garden Trading.
- Vintage Wall Cabinet, Scaramanga.
- Scottish Fine Soaps Geranium & Lavender Handwash, Dobbies.
- Ornate Frameless Bevelled Wall Mirror, Flora Furniture.
- Antique Wooden Coat Rack, Amazon.
- Encaustic Gijon Tile, Indigenous.
- Burlington Victorian Style Basin, UK Bathrooms.
- Three Rustic Terracotta Pots in a Wire Basket, The Farthing.