New England style is always fresh and clean looking. A welcome aesthetic at any time of the year, but particularly so in spring when we’re all keen to shake off the covers of winter and refresh the house for summer. The main characteristics of this look are white wooden furniture, simple wooden panelling and general simplicity. It’s a light and airy style that does rely on pale colours generally, natural materials like wood and rattan, and other natural accessories such as jute rugs and linens. In order not to go too overboard and end up with a ‘themed’ room, consider using a darker colour on the walls, which will make the white furniture ping out. And while you’re at it add a couple of industrial looking items. Just to give it a bit of an edge.
Take a Look
Image shows Hampshire White Dining Table with Kendal and Pendle Chairs from Furniture Choice.
Get The Look
- Portland Ceiling Pendant, Atkin and Thyme.
- Metal Wall Hanging Shelving Unit, Cult Living.
- Wine Guide Poster, Desenio.
- Hippo Potto Not A Mouse Dead Flat Matt Emulsion Paint, Dowsing and Reynolds.
- Espresso Cup, Abode Living.
- Cleo 6 Seater Oak and Matt White Dining Table, Danetti.
- Wooden Windsor Chair, Cult Furniture.
- Mango Wood Cutting Board, Ian Snow.
- Olive Spray Branch, Gisela Graham.