This contemporary new-build home in Burnaby, BC Canada, is a recently completed project by Studio P Interiors. The new owners are a small family of four, who specified a two storey efficient home with contemporary finishes, to replace the original single storey house. The client also wanted a rental suite on the ground floor which meant that space planning was a key aspect of the project. The result is an open plan feel in the living, dining and kitchen areas and separate more private bedrooms upstairs which is really the modern ideal.
I particularly like some of the finishes used. Finishes such as the wall tiles in the sitting room that make a feature of the fire and media centre. The stark contrasts between the white walls and dark walnut flooring, the marble work surface in the kitchen that continues down the cupboard side, the deep window seat in one of the bedrooms and most of all, the light fixtures which are stunning!
Get The Look With Lighting Fixtures in Brass and Glass
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
- Nova Glass Semi Flush Light, £100, Matalan.
- Clyde Glass Pendant Ceiling Light, £130, John Lewis.
- Wellington Clear Glass Pendant, £180, Fritz Fryer.
- Menu Tribeca Series Franklin Chandelier, £500, Nest.
- Houston Flush Ceiling Light, £125, Soho Home.
- Aston Lantern, £980, Fritz Fryer.
- Bloomingville Textured Glass Wall Lamp, £105, Amara.
- Jaden Table Light, £64, Debenhams.
- Odette Led pendant, Debenhams.
You Might Also Like