We spend so much of our time working that we deserve a workspace that inspires us and makes us feel happy. And now that research is telling us that bringing nature into the home and office is good for our productivity and well being, what better way to decorate than with plants. This office not only has a leafy green view but it is filled to the brim with all manner of green foliage. But bringing nature indoors isn’t just about stocking up on plant life. It’s about using materials that you would find in nature too. So, if this many plants isn’t for you, never mind. You can compensate by using wood, rattan, and a selection of faux plants. Put your desk by the window, surround yourself with your favourite things and feel inspired.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
Image: Brooklyn Natural Solid Oak & Metal Desk, Oak Furnitureland.
This workspace also has a distinct industrial vibe. The wooden desk and stool, although new, are inspired by loft living. They both have open metal frames with a dark, aged effect that give them an industrial appeal and the solid oak body gives the impression of recycled wood. I might swap out the cream bookcase in the corner for something in metal too, but the collection of books and ornaments have my full approval. As do the assortment of pot holders. I could imagine that the owner spends weekends scouring car boot sales and takes frequent breaks from work to water plants and potter.
Get the Look
- Vintage Pharmacy Wallpaper, Decoville.
- Ornate Tribal Zebra Wall Ornament, The Farthing.
- Artificial Trailing Fern, Audenza.
- Bamboo Plant in Glass Pot, Sweetpea and Willow.
- Glover Console Table In Mango Wood and Acid Steel, Swoon.
- Artificial Wide Leaf Fern Plant, Dowsing and Reynolds.
- Fitzroy Shelving Unit in Bronze Finish, Artisanti.
- Copper Plant Water Mister, The Farthing.
- Chandra Jute Hand Braided Round Floor Rug, Cult Furniture.
You Might Also Like