This light and airy kitchen in a central London pied-à-terre is a recent renovation project by Humphrey Munson Kitchens. The timeless design features their bespoke Nickleby kitchen with a central preparation table in a contrasting colour for interest. With french windows, a high ceiling and pale oak floorboards this room was always going to be flooded with light. But this has been further emphasised with the use of a soft ‘linen’ paint shade on the perimeter cabinets and on the walls. The result is a kitchen that will be uplifting on even the wettest of city mornings.
Take a Look
The main cabinetry, sink and cooker are aligned along one wall with a breakfast cupboard at one end. There is also a glazed countertop crockery storage cupboard to the far right. The effect is one of streamlined efficiency and neatness. And also one of perfect symmetry.
The breakfast cupboard has an integrated Miele microwave and keeps the countertop free of clutter.
There’s also a Miele oven and Miele induction hob at the centre of the run of cabinets with Westin extraction concealed in the false chimney above. Nice touches are the aged brass bespoke hardware and the quartz worktops.
By contrast the ‘prep’ table has an oak worktop and deep drawers for added storage. It’s painted in Humphrey Munson’s own ‘Lock and Load’ shade and is no doubt used daily for a glass of wine before dinner.
Steal Some Ideas
This does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
- GoodHome Valdez Paint (cream) and GoodHome Cleveland Paint (grey), both B&Q.
- Pears in the Sun Poster, £12.95, Desenio.
- Belle Pendant Light, £79, Atkin & Thyme.
- Heston Cup Pull Handles, £9.95, Plank Hardware.
- Lemongrass & Ginger Soaps and Lotion, £12 each, Faerie Fire Ltd.
- Midford Serving Bowl, £32, Garden Trading.
- Aveen Bar Stool in Natural Mango & Charcoal, £74, Swoon Editions.
- Cooke & Lewis Torc Antique Brass Effect Tap, £42. B&Q.
- Faux Dried Burgundy Hydrangea Stem, £16, Hudson Home and Cabbage Charger Plate, £29, Rebecca Udall.