The Japandi trend manages to combine modern Scandinavian vibes with the traditional elegance of Japanese design. It’s not surprising that it’s popularity has risen this year, and if you love sleek modern lines along with a relaxing zen-like feel it’s definitely one to copy. Remember to choose furniture with clean lines and a low profile, along with a neutral colour palette. Black tones emphasise the Japanese aesthetic and then add in plenty of textures from the natural world. Try not to go overboard with Eastern motifs but a subtle (or sophisticated) nod to bamboo, silk cushions, and maybe the odd decorative crane will pull the whole Japandi style look together.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
Image courtesy of Habitat
Get a Similar Look
Shop The Look
- Pine Woven Basket (Available in Three Sizes), £19.95, Charles Ted.
- Saki Heron Prints – Set of 2, £240, Sweetpea & Willow.
- Elmore 2 Seater Sofa, £599, Cult Furniture.
- Weave Coffee Table, £310, Sweetpea & Willow.
- Recycled Kyoto Floral Printed Cushion, £32, Rockett St George.
- Velvet Cushions, £40 each, Luxe 39.
- Lenko Wooden Pendant Shade, £31, Iconic Lights.
- Keila Lounge Chair, £399, Beaumonde.
- HK Living Set Of 4 Yunomi Handleless Mugs, £34.99, Coffee & Cloth.
- Colorized Photography Art Print by Jordan J. Lloyd, £29, ColorGraph Co.
- Dutchbone Giulia Trolley, £251, Cuckooland.
- Hampstead Tripod Floor Lamp, £139, Housecosy.
- Monochrome Striped Rug, £175, Cox & Cox.