We could all do with a little glamour in our lives, and this hallway delivers in spades but still manages to look pared back and elegant. It’s all due to the restraint used. The feature wall is a dusky shade of pink. Not too girly. And because it is inset within a white wall it doesn’t overpower the space. The plush grey rug and grey items on the console table also help to diffuse the pastel tones and add different textures to the scheme. Instead of a mirror, which may have looked too blingy, a simple print has been used instead with a simple black frame. But the stars of the show are the gold legged console table, the velvet pouffe and the vase of full-on blooms.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
Get The Look
You may not have the architectural details at home but a feature wall in pink would create the same effect. The pouffe may look pretty, but it does have a practical use too. It’s the perfect place to sit while removing or putting on shoes after all. And faux flowers will last much longer than the real thing. Remember though, that less is more in a scheme like this. Clutter will destroy the carefully curated illusion of glamour and elegance.
- Figuratone Poster, from £13.95, Desenio.
- Flat Matt in Elegant Rose, £12 for 2.5l, Wilko.
- Tall Smoked Glass Apothecary Bottle Vase, £4.95, Melody Maison.
- House Doctor Plain Vase, £45, Amara.
- Pink Peonies, £3.99, Homesense.
- Alessi – The Five Seasons Luxury Scented Leaf Diffuser, £59, Hurn and Hurn.
- Aula Console Table, £2.99, Made.
- Plaza Blush Velvet Stool, £99, Danetti.
- Adelphi Grey Rug, from £15.99, Carpetright.