The most interesting room schemes to my mind are the ones that take a pinch of this and a touch of that. We all like to put our own personalities into our homes and there’s no better way. Take this kitchen for instance. When we think of a country style kitchen we usually imagine lots of natural wood, a farmhouse table, a plate rack maybe, a butler sink and a few vintage utensils dotted around. It’s homely, warm and practical. The kitchen below has all of that, but it also has a light Scandinavian touch too. You can put this down to the fact that the woodwork has been painted white giving it a much lighter and brighter look. It still has all of the usual components of that typical country kitchen but it has lost that rustic edge in favour of a sleeker more modern feel. Plus the final touches of cane and rattan in the chairs and the pendant light, and the addition of navy blue highlights on the beams bring it bang-up-to-date. All in all it’s a very successful amalgamation of two very distinct styles. Best of all, it’s an easy look to achieve with some judicious coats of paint and the right accessories.
Take a Look
Image: Impressive Concrete Wood Light Grey Laminate from Carpetright
Get The Look
Buy The Look
- Wicker Saucer Light, Abode Living.
- Wine Rack / Glass Storage Cabinet, Wooden Furniture Store.
- Seaford Grey Gazed Ceramic Tile, Tile Giant.
- Kubu Rattan Dining Chair, (affiliate link) Cuckooland.
- Katie Alice Stainless Steel 16 Piece Cutlery Set, Creative Tops.
- Unicorn’s Breath Dead Flat Matt Emulsion Paint and Blue Movie Dead Flat Matt Emulsion Paint, both Dowsing and Reynolds.
- Adelaide Dining Table, Sweetpea and Willow.
- Oxford Cast Iron Radiator, Frontline Bathrooms.
- Washed Linen Towel, Cloudberry Living.