The fashion these days is for open-plan living and dine-in kitchens, but if I happened to have a separate dining room I’d want it to look just like this. Especially in the depths of winter when there is a temptation to shut the world, and the worst of the weather out. Hello, handsome painted shutters! Hello, calming grey walls and warm wooden floorboards. And I’d furnish it just like this too. With an extending table to fit all of the family around, comfy chairs for the adults, and a bench to accommodate the children. With a padded seat of course. I wouldn’t want to wait for Christmas to festoon the chandelier with greenery either, and burning candles are so comforting when the days are short and there’s a gale blowing outside.
I’d get out the best china (life’s too short not to), polish the glasses, and invite you all round.
Herdwick Sheepskin Rug £135, Shoreditch Carvery Chair in Huge Pale Oat £340, Arundel Two Seater Bench £445, Balmoral Extending Dining Table £3,520, all Neptune.
Get The Look
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
- Mineheart Anthracite Panelling Wallpaper, Beut.
- Freja Antique White Chandelier, Cox and Cox.
- Faux Eucalyptus Stem, Bloom.
- Conisbrough Dining Table, Oka Direct.
- Large Wooden Pillar Holder, Marks and Spencer.
- Faux Hydrangea Stem, Bloom.
- Recycled Glass Vase, Garden Trading.
- Faux Fur Sheepskin Rug, John Lewis and Partners.
- Black Washed Linen Cane Medallion Chair, Maisons du Monde.