Autumn is the season for getting more cosy. It’s time to light the fire, turn on the lamps, and wriggle the toes in a comfy rug. This black and white sitting room is pushing all the right buttons for me. It’s traditional in style but the colour scheme prevents it from looking too ‘country’. And although a monochrome colour pallete can look harsh sometimes, this room is cosy and inviting. The tile effect wallpaper on the chimney breast is a just the right amount of pattern in the room, along with the small amounts on the cushions and the lampshade. Nothing is too overwhelming. It’s well balanced and no colour dominates. Just the kind of room that says ‘come in and put your feet up’.
This post does contain *affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
Image shows the Eclipse Floor Lamp, £174, from Pooky.
Get The Look
- Piccadilly Wallpaper from the Seville Collection at Cole & Son, £110 per roll, via Lime Lace.
- History Clash Gold Baroque Mirror, £120, Joe Browns.
- Brompton Black Round Side Table, £265, La Residence Interiors.
- Victorian Reproduction Fireplace, £1450 from Chesneys.
- Islington Armchair, £610, Darlings of Chelsea.
- Black Shade with Anthology Seri Jet Wallpaper Lining, £192, Cotterell & Co and Mono Marble Drum Lampshade, £149, Penelope Hope.
- Plain Weave Monochrome Cushion, £83, Made By Hand Online.
- Medina Embroidered Cushion, £32, Bombay Duck.
- Moroccan Style Berber Diamond Rug, £180, Cult Furniture.