There’s something innately comforting about a period room decorated in muted colours, traditional furnishings and luxurious textures. It’s elegant, warm, and somewhere you just want to draw the curtains and curl up with a book. To keep it current though, you have to introduce a few contemporary touches. Whether it’s in the artwork, the lamps, or the shape of the bed, these are the things that prevent a room from looking like a set from a period drama. And the addition of a few mid-century pieces are guaranteed to elevate it even further. This comfortable townhouse bedroom is a perfect example, so it’s no surprise at all that it’s a Soho House bedroom.
Take a Look
Image shows the Belsa Bed from Soho Home.
Get a Similar Look
Shop The Look
- Cream Panelling Wallpaper, £28.80, Mineheart.
- Laskasas Franklin Table Lamp, £1,500, Sweetpea & Willow.
- Shetland Herringbone Gold Throw, £85, Bronte By Moon.
- Eichholtz Boucle Pillow, £99, Sweetpea & Willow.
- Fern Leaf Soft Navy Printed Cushion, £35, Textured Lives.
- Curtains in Dove Grey Wool, from £235, Loaf.
- Fiddle Leaf Fig Artificial Plant, £17.95, Dowsing & Reynolds.
- Emma Ruth Fox Art Tools Signed Print, £65, Sir Gordon Bennett.
- Arthur Tall Faux Leather Bed, £899, Living It Up.
- Round Black Stem Vase With Preserved Ivory Hydrangea Stem, £19.99, Dowsing & Reynolds.
- Detroit Solid Hardwood and Metal Bedside Table, £165, Oak Furnitureland.
- Barcelona Table Lamp By Dyberg Larsen, £74, Lime Lace.
- Kaliveli Rug, £1,295, Oka UK. (affiliate link)