Over the past few days it’s certainly felt as it we are living in the tropics. And far from making me thankful for the warmth, it’s just made me start dreaming of the days when we can start travelling again. I’m doing my best to keep the house cool, but it isn’t the same as padding around barefoot on polished teak floors, throwing open all the doors to let the ocean air waft through, and spending hour upon hour reading in a completely horizontal position.
But it’s not hard to recreate that Colonial look at home.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
Image: Benjamin Moore.
A day bed is a practical alternative to a sofa anyway as it doubles as an extra guest bed, and it’s a perfect excuse for lounging. Style with a highly polished floor, vintage furniture, and some bold blue and white prints for fresh take on a traditional far eastern look. And then just add some palm leaves and authentic accessories for a holiday home at home.
Get The Look
- Urban Chic Mirror, Wooden Furniture Store.
- Large Industrial Vintage Fan Style Wall Clock, Melody Maison.
- Orrico Side Table, Rose Gold, Habitat.
- Cushions Top to Bottom. Zinc Textile Geronimo Cushion, Sweetpea and Willow. Brushstroke Cushion Cover, Kitty Holmes. Bali Blue Cotton Cushion, Beaumonde.
- Small Faux Palm Plant, Rose and Grey.
- Parley Day Bed, Loaf.
- Eichholtz Celestine Jar, Sweetpea and Willow.
- Chandra Jute Hand Braided Round Rug, Cult Furniture.
- Vintage Sideboard, Scaramanga.
Take a Look at Yet More Daybeds
Mabel day bed in Charcoal brushed linen cotton, Sofa.com.
- Tine K Bamboo Day Bed, Idyll Home.
- Large Low Daybed Table, Shimu.
- Lene Bjerre Clara Couch, Sweetpea and Willow.
- Assim Daybed in Tan Leather and Manhattan Grey, Made.com.
- Bloomingvale Veda Daybed, Beaumonde.
Garden Layers Indian Day Bed by GAN, Chaplins Furniture.