For a living room scheme that is never going to go out of fashion, you can’t beat a traditional classic decorative style. Starting with a fireplace centrepiece of course, just add the ubiquitous chesterfield, plush carpets or rugs, a simple but expensive looking coffee table and you’re away. It helps if you already have tall ceilings, period mouldings, and georgian style windows. But even without those you can easily fake it. Choose lighting with traditional classic shapes, and accessories and artwork that compliment all of the above. But before you say, how dull. Add the wow factor with a deeply delicious plum shade on the walls, a bold stripe on the floor and a punch of yellow somewhere. Now you have it. A classically styled sitting room scheme that is also bang-up-to-date.
This post does contain affiliate links*. If you decide to buy anything featured you won’t pay any more, but Dear Designer’s will receive a small commission to help keep this blog up and running.
Take a Look
Boston Stripe Carpet In Lavendar, Carpetright.
Get The Look
- Pinot Table Lamp, Pooky.
- David & David Studio Togo Lake Framed Print, Charlton Island.
- Demarius 1 Light Pendant Black And Smoked Glass, Dar Lighting Group.
- Rodmell Chalk Paint, Annie Sloan.
- Brendon Sofa Bed, *Darlings of Chelsea.
- Set of 3 Textured Ceramic Vase, Cult Furniture.
- Evolution 7 Inset Stove, Ludlow Stoves.
- Rippon Brass Square Coffee Table, *MY Furniture.
- Pimlico Rug, Shimu.