There’s no doubt a classically styled hallway will grab the attention. Especially when period features are combined with classy monochrome Victorian floor tiles. Yet when you look at the image below it’s not all it seems at first glance. Firstly there is the view through the handsome double doors to an inner hall painted green. To great effect. And although the styling has been kept black and white and pared back elsewhere, there are contemporary touches too. A good lesson for us all. The floor may be influenced by past ages but the circular mirror is definitely of our time. The console table is simple in design but it’s clean lines are twenty first century. And the lamp maybe a traditional shape but a black and white art print can, and will (if you choose wisely) inject a breath of fresh air depending on the subject.
Take a Look
Victorian Flooring™ Newbury Black Tile, Topps Tiles.
Get the Look
- Grey glass pendant light from Bloomingville, Idyll Home.
- Goujon Vert Pure Matt Paint, Fenwick & Tilbrook.
- Hallowed Hydrangea Wall Art, The French Bedroom Co.
- Extra Large Round Mirror with Thin Profile Black Frame, Mink Interiors.
- Carmena Decorative Box, Sweetpea and Willow.
- Ivy Artificial Trailing Plant, Dowsing and Reynolds.
- Cassius Console Table, Marble & Matt Black, Swoon.
- Vintage Pattern Floor Tiles, (affiliate link) Walls and Floors.
- Ivory Buckingham Cordless Table Lamp, Alexander Joseph.