Ok, we all want one. Not many of us have room for one, or the money to install one. But we can dream can’t we?
So, where is the best place to put one?
1. Centre Stage. Let’s face it a freestanding tub looks when it has room to be looked at and admired. Oh, to open double doors to an en suite and low and behold there is a deep, deep tub just waiting to be filled with bubbles.
2. In Front of a Window. It really does the tub and the window justice to place them together. I’m a big fan of symmetry and this just does it for me. Only thing to remember is that a suitable window film or curtains would preserve ones modesty!
3. In front of a View. No this is not the same as number 2. This is maybe in the realms of fantasy for most of us but it has to mentioned. No window film needed here. Here the view is the only thing that matters, and who’s going to be half way up a mountain looking in, anyway?
4. In front of the Fire. If you don’t have a view a fire is the next best thing. Imagine cosy nights in. The fire crackling in the grate warming those thick fluffy towels…glass of wine within arms reach. Bliss.
5. Beneath a Chandelier. Go on make a feature of that bath! Make it even more glamorous.
6. In the Bedroom. Normally reserved for boutique hotels but who says you can’t do this at home? It can be a quite sensible option especially in loft conversions where there isn’t quite enough room for a full en suite bathroom. Imagine how sociable it would be to have a chat with the other half and not be perched upon the toilet seat.
7. On a Podium. Sometimes the best ideas are bourne out of necessity. Pipes and other plumbing details can be kept out of sight and the tub gets elevated to a place it deserves to be.
8. Beneath a Mirror. Another trick to make that tub look even more important and glam.
9. In the Middle of the Room. Perfect for bathing the little ones. The taps can go in the middle and there is room on both sides of the tub for a safe pair of arms. Hubby won’t mind helping out. Honest.
10. In my House!!!