A brief glimpse of sun at the weekend has me itching even more to do something about my very new and very bare deck. Spring will be here before we know it and I don’t want to be caught out.
I’ve toyed with the idea of going down the vintage chic look and scouring reclamation yards for some gems (inspired by a lovely feature we have in the Spring issue of Heart Home out next week!) but I’m not sure I can pull it off convincingly enough. And in any case I have too many of my own ‘treasures’ lying around unused and just waiting for a new purpose.
- Two old metal gates that I plan to put against the fence and use as a frame to grow climbers.
- A Hastens hammock that I won last year and still haven’t used.
- Some blue and green glazed pots that are just too good to throw away.
- A black metal fire bowl that was a present and has never been used.
- A silver pedestal table that is slightly wonky. BF thinks I’m mad putting it out in the garden but it’s such a nice shape that it won’t even matter if it rusts.
- Two black lounge chairs from Ikea. They had them last year in white and I’m delighted they now come in black.
- Some black metal troughs and planters to bring the whole scheme together.
- Some blue, black and white cushions. Also from Ikea. The colours will co-ordinate nicely with the hammock and black touches.
- Some tea light holders. Part of the deck is over-hung by a tree and these will look very pretty hanging from the branches.
- Some new plants!
I think that’s it and I feel quite thrifty and virtuous.