A Passion for Pineapples in the Home
You can’t have missed the pineapple craze. They seem to be everywhere I look, and I bet it’s the same for you too. They are absolutely perfect additions to so many of the current interior trends. What could be more tropical looking, and what goes better with botanicals I ask? They look amazing in shining metallics and bring a bit of glamour and decadence to a bohemian scheme. As if the boho look needs any more of that! And they look at home just about anywhere too. On fabrics, on the walls, on prints, holding up lampshades. You name it, you can put a pineapple on it.
Large-scaled pineapple wallcovering and co-ordinating cushions from Arthouse.
And I’ve realised I DON’T HAVE A SINGLE ONE IN MY HOME! Time to put that right with a bit of browsing around my favourite stores. Before we shop though, a word of caution. There are a lot of brightly coloured – even neon – pineapples in the shops. Unless you are deliberately going for a more kitsch look I’d give these a wide berth. My pineapples of choice are metal or glass. White if it goes with your decor. Or even some matt black. A combination of metal and glass looks amazing. Grown-up, sophisticated and timeless. So even after the pineapple craze is but a distant memory, you’ll still have something to treasure.
Where to Buy?
1.Table Lamp, £25, Very.
2. Trinket Box, £32, Oliver Bonas (Due September 2017).
3. Pols Potten Pineapple in Matt Black, £48, Amara.
4. Gold Pineapple Ornament, £16.99, Homesense.
5. LED Metal Sign, £35, Marquis and Dawe.
6. Dinner Candle Holder, £15, Marks and Spencer.
7. Lantern, £30, Abigail Ahern Edition at Debenhams.
8. Men’s Society – Brass Pineapple Tumbler with Straw, £95, Amara.
9. Puerto Table Lamp, £49.50, Marks and Spencer.