Autumn Style Updates
I don’t know about you, but at this time of year I have a strong urge to make the home cosy and warmer looking. It’s very easy to ring the changes with a few simple additions and it doesn’t have to mean a big financial outlay either. These are my tried and tested tips,
- Change the cushions on the sofa. Warmer textures can make all of the difference and a few more cushions in jewel like colours will add a vibrant lift to the room as well as add comfort.
Cushions from a selection at Marks and Spencer.
- Hang heavier curtains at the windows. Curtains are excellent insulators and there is nothing quite like drawing the curtains against the gloom and especially if they are brightly patterned.
Curtains from the Country Retreat range at Hillarys.
- Add a throw to your favourite armchair. Nice to snuggle up in with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book.
Throws from a selection at Homesense.
- Make sure corners are lit with well positioned table lamps. Nothing quite warms up a room like a nice pool of lamp light. Make sure that they are at the right height for when you are sitting down.
- Add a few prettily scented candles. Because it’s important to engage all of the senses!
Candles from a selection at Heatons.
Now just sit back and enjoy!